10 February 2005

Cheong Sam Day!

Woah.. I'm wearing a cheong sam for the first time.. For the sake of auspicious-ness in Chinese New Year..Breaking out of my comfort zone isn't something I would do everyday... But it's CNY.. WTF... It's not too bad being in my "little red dress" you know. Nothing can go wrong with something totally red in CNY.. esp the part where none of ur relative will complain about wearing the wrong colours or ur outfit being too revealing and stuff...

Somehow or rather, my intuition tells me that the Rooster year might be a good year.. Not that I believe in those feng shui magazines my mom read.. But the year started off really well.. There are some happy news.. Even my aunty who "disowned" the family had eventually relent and called to wish us today.. For nearly 10 years, my family was devestated with my aunty's decision to reject the kinship that was lost before. Well.. the story goes like she was sub-out for adoption due to the heavy burden of a large family.. Then she was only called back to her own family in her teens. I guess it was difficult for her to accept the new "ways" and was stuck in the chao of conflicts, so she opted out of it. Actually I was very disappointed with her when she didn't even turn up for my grandma's funeral. Her own mother.. mind u.. Seriously.. I don't have the heart to do that.. No matter how much I hate my mom.. After all, blood is, indeed, thicker than water. I just hope that this is the beginning to their reconciliation...

No comments: