01 March 2005

Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust... Nothing last in this world anymore. Not any material, not even emotions... Infidelity, betrayal, abuse, insolency, hurt... eventually leads to HATE... Funny how this unspoken four-letter word has the cancerous power to devour saneness of some. Funny how the angel you once loved turn his back and snap right back at you... The situation turns cynical and hate burns like a fire within you... The aftermath? Ashes settle...The once-smouldering passion has converted to useless particles... Waiting to be carried away by the wind of time...


*Wedlock Marriages*

The reason of a wedlock marriage, obviously, is because of an unexpected pregnancy between an unmarried couple. Being "forced" to the decision, true meaning of marriage is lost. Couples, that I've met, both old and young, who married out of wedlock mostly end up being unhappy or unsatisfied with their partners and in most cases, the family do not have a close-knitted relationship. Perhaps they feel that they could have accomplish more, without the marriage, without the baby, or some simply feel that they had married the wrong person.

My aunty, for example, was married out of wedlock. I was shock to learn that she wed my uncle because she was conceiving my cousin. Pre-maritial sex was uncommon, especially with the more conservative older generation. However, that's besides my point. My uncle was this petite little man, always smiling, good-natured and happy-go-lucky... Some call him the typical "hen-pecked" husband. My aunty on the other hand, always feeling that she married the wrong man, overly obsess with superstitions (believe me.. she goes overboard sometimes!!). She's a good woman.. But her mouth's always rattling away like a machine gun. One day, many many many years after their marriage, my uncle snapped! He couldn't take her tauntings anymore. He openly womanised, got drunk, be harshed to her and everything else that wasn't him initially. Sure he's having a ball of a time, but I bet the both of them are living in misery deep down in their hearts...

I've also heard similar stories from the younger generation. It didn't end up happy either.. There's always a regret here and there..

My rationale: Never let the reason to get marriage be other than "LOVE" and "COMMITMENT". Be responsible for your own sexual behaviour... Please.. Always use some form of protective.. Come on... Condoms are not expensive...

Think about yourself and your happiness... and the path you are going to lay for your offsprings...

No comments: