19 December 2005

What a fantabulous weekend!


MOS_opening
Originally uploaded by candice_dymphna_ng.
A fantastic weekend is enough to drive all your Monday Blues away... anytime!

FRIDAY
After much anticipation, Ministry of Sound has finally set foot in our sunny little island! The invasion was massive... On the opening night, the Choppies and I actually waited for about 3 hours to get to the front of the queue. The wait was almost in vain 'cause the door bitch was telling us that the club was "Full House". So they will only let the public in when some of the invited guests (those with invites) leave.

But we were lucky, cause we bumped into Yvonne, whose friend got us all invites for the entry! That really save us from having a disastrous evening... Many thanks to our lucky stars, Yvonne and Eugene...

I think Zouk is really gonna face some big time competition. M.O.S. is so much more spacious, has nicer deco, more competitive cover charge, and in my opinion, has a nicer mix of music. They also seperated the genres of music into different rooms. So now, the Choppies don't have to sulk, cos there's something for everyone! Hooray to that!!!

SATURDAY
Saturday was pretty relax. I did crystal tattoo at this block party thingy at West Coast. After that, I met up with Cheryl and Joey to chill out. We did something we haven't done for ages: bowling. Our skills are atrocious! None of our total score actually exceed 100. But nonetheless, we enjoyed ourselves! I think Joey and Cheryl are such an adorable couple. It's funny how 2 individuals of different worlds come together and perhaps it's their differences that kept them close. Like what my bro describes, it's The Romance of the Goth-Boy and the Happy-go-lucky-Girl. Spot the difference?

SUNDAY
Finally I managed to get out of my regime of sleeping late on Sunday mornings! My bro and me went to Wild Wild Wet.

It was so crowded. Well, blame it on the school holidays. Damn it. As always, it takes a long time to queue for each slide and we got fed up after awhile. Plus all those people and their fawked-up attitude (kiasu-ism, queue-cutting skills and other socially disguisting behaviours) are not making things any better. So we kept hanging out in the Lazy River and the Wave Pool cause there's no need to queue for our turn.

The water really has some great therapeutic effects on me. When the water carasses your body, it's like a subtle massage, easing the tense muscles, making me forget about all the vexation I had throughout the week. My bro and I like it so much, we were thinking of getting the yearly pass so that we can go more often. But It's really not cheap. *Bawls*

No comments: