20 December 2005

Almost a murderer...

I was almost a murderer.

Lemmiwinks struggled to keep herself alive just awhile ago...

OK... I nearly drowned her... Maybe I shouldn't have tried to clean her with a wet towel. Then she wouldn't have panicked and jump off my hands into the tub full of water.

It was totally chaotic! She was squeaking and her body was overturned, about 3/4 submerged into the water. To save her, I have to spill the water onto the floor. Then I picked her up with something from my laundry (it was an emergency, remember?). I know how hamsters hate being blow dry with a hair dryer. They will always struggle to avoid the to torturous heat and I'm really guilty that I caused poor Lemmiwinks to go through that agonizing process and also the mental distress caused by the whole accident.

The aftermath was messy. The water spread all over the floor of my room. As a result, I have to pick up my partially wet clothes, soak up the water, mop my room and wash lots of rugs/towels. It's sure tedious! But it's worth it. At least Lemmi is still alive and kicking, running actively on her little wheel. I really pray hard that she'll be alright and not fall sick tomorrow. *Fingers crossed*

No comments: